Thursday, January 17, 2013

The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!


Okay, not really. But that's how I feel about this. I was contacted about an illustration I had created a several years ago for the Calgary Expo. The original illustration was to celebrate Leonard Nimoy's "homecoming" to Vulcan (Alberta). I developed the image using the Obama Hope poster as a springboard (this was before everyone and their dog was turned into an Obama Hope poster), except instead of "hope" it read "home"…clever, no?

The image was not used (I did tweak it until I was happy with it even though it didn't get approved, I made shirts for my family - we all wore them to the Expo and got a lot of compliments) so I posted it on my blog and a few years later I was contacted by a book company on France asking if they could use the image with some adjustments to the colours and the cropping. After finishing my little happy dance what else could I say but Abso-friggin-lutely!

So at the top of this post is the final printed piece. Only available in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment