Friday, November 23, 2012

Fett Noir Series 2: Point Blank

It's been a while but here is the latest in my Fett Noir series - Point Blank starring Han Solo. A fitting title for the man who shot first (and he did shoot first people). Based on the Lee Marvin classic which was, in turn, based on the novel The Hunter by Richard Stark.

The 1967 movie is quite good but I prefer the Mel Gibson version titled Payback (the theatrical release not the directors cut).

But if you really want to enjoy the story read the book by Richard Stark. Quite simply put - it's amazing. Hell, any of Richard Stark's "Parker" novels are highly recommended. I also recommend Darwyn Cooke's Parker graphic novel series being published by IDW.

Just to let you know - I'm having a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale for the next week on all of my posters and prints.

(In case you want to see the original Point Blank poster…here it is)

No comments:

Post a Comment